Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Could a post on washing machines be any more boring?

Last week my washing machine started playing up.  I had loaded it up with clothes, started the machine which  filled up with water then......nothing.  So I let it sit there.  I figured hubby can deal with it when he gets home. That's how I solve all my mechanical problems.  The Princess came along a few hours later and pressed 'spin' and it immediately spun out the water.  Clothes washed in my book.  They soaked, they spun...that's enough.

So I didn't bother with washing until the weekend when I got hubby to give it a try.  The machine filled up with water and then all the lights on the control board went out.  It died.  Hubby went on-line and watched a few videos on how to fix it but came to the conclusion it was never going to be fixed.  It is over 15 years after all.

More time was spent on-line trying to decide on the best washing machine at the best price then it was off to The Good Guys who advertise that they will match any price even the on-line ones.  So we managed to beat them down by $200 on the machine they had in-store AND they deliver free AND they took away the old machine.

We bought a front loader because my kids all have front loaders and they swear by them.  I have never had a front loader so this will be interesting.

2 comments:

  1. We had a front loader and we're getting a front loader. We paid 10$ for online access to Consumer Reports who do testing of all sorts of machines and so we ended up buying a high rated one. As a result, it wasn't a model that wasn't immediately available, so we have to wait two weeks to get it. And no, this isn't a boring post - we all have to face appliance failure but we all face it differently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a front loader and although I like it a lot, and I think it is gentler on clothes than a top loader, I am also not sure it cleans as well as a top loader does.

    ReplyDelete