Thursday, May 19, 2016

Stuff

Following on from the last post.  The room is painted.  Two rooms now have carpet.  We are tossing up whether to get rid of the yellow paint in the front bedroom.  Hubby wants to paint it cream.  It's safe but boring.  Part of me wants to get rid of the yellow because it's been yellow for so long but another part of me still really likes that colour.  What to do, what to do.  Hubby is anxious for a decision.

I haven't been up to much.  Health could be better.  Much better.  Next week I go in for a biopsy on an infection that has not responded to antibiotics, even the heavy duty ones.  My specialists has been away for a week and now he is playing catch-up and it appears I am on the bottom of the list.  boo!
Enough of that, its boring.

I've seen a few movies of late.  The Lady in the Van was excellent.  The previews made it appear like it would be a funny movie but it turned out to be really quite sad.  The acting was excellent.  Another movie that did not hit mainstream cinemas was Eye in the Sky which surprised me because once again excellent acting, with Helen Mirren and Alan Rickman.  It's a spy movie focusing on modern day terrorism.  The 'eye'  bit relates to drones.  It really was an 'edge of your seat' movie.  Possibly the best movie I've seen this year.  Last week it was Florence Foster Jenkinkins with Meryl Streep.  This was someone else's choice, not one I would have gone to see normally.  It wasn't bad, a little bit funny (I did laugh out loud a few times) and a little bit sad (I didn't cry).   That's it for the movie reviews.

I'm going to my nephew's wedding tomorrow.  He's been living with his partner for 20 years but now they have a baby so maybe that's why they have decided to finally tie the knot.  I love this little family heaps and wish the very, very best for them.    Which reminds me, time to get to the shops and buy a card.  We are giving them money because after 20 years what would they need.  We figure the money can go towards their honeymoon in Fiji, or anything else really.

The end.

2 comments:

  1. Either stick with yellow or go white. Cream is awful. Good choice for a wedding present too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember what movie I saw last at the cinema, it's been quite a long time since last I've gone.

    I think the room should be painted a creamy yellow plaid.

    Good luck with the biopsy.

    Have fun at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete