Sunday, October 09, 2016

Cars

Yikes! Nearly 2 months since I last posted.  Bad Debstar!

Today hubby has been sitting in front of the telly watching very loud cars going round and round in circles. Apparently it is a national day of rest for anyone who enjoys motor racing. I don't enjoy it so it is not a day of rest for me. 

Once upon a time it was referred to as The Bathurst One Thousand.  That was because it is set in Bathurst and the cars drove around the track 161 times, or 1000 klm to be exact.  Then of course someone decided there was money to be made by getting corporations to pay for the naming rights.  So this year it is known as Supercheap 1000. (I had to go and ask because I really have so little interest in it). 

I have been doing very little of consequence today.  I put on a load of washing earlier and am waiting for it to finish up so I can put the washing out on the line.  It will have to be the undercover line because I expect it may rain very soon.  I miss my old washing machine. I have decided I am not fussed on the new front loader but I will just have to suck it up because we won't be buying a new one for a long time.

My dogs want to go for a walk.  I do not want to go walking because it is quite cold and very windy.  Sometimes owning a dog can be a pain.

Hopefully my next post will be more interesting.

5 comments:

  1. I used to watch a lot of F1 races, back when I was a teenager and still living with my parents. Since I moved out, I have hardly seen a single race.

    Today it is going up to 13C, not too bad for early October.

    My kids ask occasionally about getting a dog and I shut them down almost immediately. They say that they would take care of him or her, but I know, in the end, it would be me taking the pet for a walk. Every once in a while, sure, fine, but as a daily obligation; not interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thinking Phil. When we bought Patch the kids promised to look after the dog and walk it. That lasted about a week.

      Delete
  2. Deb, you're in Brisbane. Just how cold can it really be??? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gold Coast actually. Its probably stinking hot to anyone not from Queensland. I've been watching the weather in Victoria and quite frankly, you can keep your crappy weather. Lol

      Delete
  3. i fall into habits of not posting also.

    ReplyDelete