Monday, June 19, 2017

update

I don't like typing on this iPad but here I am doing it anyway.
Update....
The Princess has settled in well, both with us and also with her original school.  I was hoping she would take over the cooking but that didn't work out the way I hoped.  Usually she gets home exhausted and so I just step in and do it.  On the weekends her hubby comes down and they spend most of the time going out with friends.  This last weekend she went to Toowoomba so I bought a family pie that lasted us 2 nights and hubby cooked up some veggies so no cooking for me.  Yay!

Last week hubby and I went to Caloundra for a couple of days.  Caloundra is about 2 hours away up the coast.  Hubby loves Caloundra, me not so much.  I would have preferred to go to the mountains but we couldn't find any reasonably priced accommodation at short notice so Caloundra it was.  The weather was pretty rubbish  and on Sunday the rain well and truly set in  so  we packed up and went home.

Since I wrote last InTheMiddle has been made permanent in her position as a social worker and Teeny Tiny has also been made permanent.  It's pretty impressive for Teeny Tiny because the education department generally likes to keep new teachers on contract for as long as possible.  At the moment though there is a shortage of math/science teachers so I guess they want to try and keep them in the system.

The Princess brought her dog, a chihuahua cross, with her when she moved home.  I now have 2 little dogs trying to take control of my lap every time I sit down which can become very annoying at times. I guess I should be pleased the big one doesn't want to sit on me too, he weighs 35kg.

I went to see Viceroys House at the movies last week.  It's about the last days of the British Empire in India.  I like historical movies and this one was particularly well done.

Can you tell I'm running out of things to write about?
Time to go....

2 comments:

  1. Nice to hear about your kids and that they are doing well. G-bot passed all of his courses so he is working at a sleep away camp for the whole summer; he has already left and will only be back in mid-August. C-ling is graduating from elementary school and starts high school in the fall, her last day of school is tomorrow. V-8 is graduating from the junior elementary school to the senior, she is looking forward to starting grade 3 next fall; her last day is also tomorrow.

    For the summer, C-ling and V-8 are spending most days at my mother-in-law's house, with evening swim lessons.

    C-ling, when asked about what she wants to do when she gets older, has maintained for quite some time now, that she wants to be a teacher. We shall see if she ends up following TT's lead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. C-Ling is in high school and V-8 starting gr 3!!! My how the time has flown by. Well done to G-bot, hope he has fun at summer camp.

    ReplyDelete